Wednesday, June 18, 2014

IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE...........

Most of us have heard the saying.... "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  That might be a useful way to live life, but I think a more useful word policy might be,

 "If you can't say something nice, FIND SOMETHING NICE TO SAY!"

Really?  Really.   In all honesty here folks, there is NO ONE ON EARTH who does NOT DESERVE an encouraging word from time to time.

First of all, if you are married to someone that you can't say something nice to... that's a problem.  Wouldn't you say? (no pun intended)

And I offer this, my humble but utterly accurate opinion to you:

IF YOU CAN'T FIND ONE THING NICE TO SAY TO THE PERSON YOU ARE MARRIED TO, I SUSPECT THE PROBLEM HAS MORE TO DO WITH YOUR HEART THAN THE PERSON YOU ARE MARRIED TO.

Word of thankfulness, giving someone credit for something good they do, giving a person a compliment for how they look... or a compliment about something they did.... HOW DIFFICULT CAN THAT BE?   It can be excruciating to a hard and angry heart.  It can be worse than death to a heart that is keeping score.

You won't die if you say things like:

"Thanks for always making sure our children look good."

"I admire that you were so committed to bringing the children to church as they grew up."

"Thanks for the way you take care of the way you look."

"I admire the way you have succeeded at your job."

"Thanks for not telling the world the way I have neglected you.  Thank you for making me look like a hero."

"I appreciate the way you do the chores around our house without complaining."

"You always smell so good."

"Your hair looks great."

"I love the way you laugh."

ETC.

IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE.....FIND SOMETHING NICE TO SAY!

Try it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment