Thursday, February 20, 2014

I WANT A NEW DISHWASHER !!

I had a new dishwasher installed just a few days before Thanksgiving 2012.  That's 15 months ago.  When we purchased the dishwasher we also dished out another $200 for an extended warranty and repair contract. About five weeks ago, my dishwasher decided it was done being a dishwasher.  It went through the motions.  The water squished around.  But when all was said and done and the door was opened... the dishes looked dirtier than when I put them in.   Seeing as how the dishwasher that came with the house when we purchased it new lasted almost fifteen years... FIFTEEN YEARS....I guess I expected its replacement to keep working for longer than FIFTEEN MONTHS.

So I called for help.  I called the store I bought it from.  It's been five weeks, four different service calls.. and the same problem pops up again in a week or so.  NATURALLY.., I don't have any faith in my dishwasher or the service company or the store I bought it from. 

I think the only solution is to get rid of it and get a new one.and what I want now is a new dishwasher where my old one use to be.   According to everyone - the store and the repair company for the store - ONLY THE MANUFACTURER HAS THE AUTHORITY TO PUT A NEW DISHWASHER WHERE THE BROKEN ONE USED TO BE.

What does this have to do with marriage?  Sometimes marriage seems to be beyond repair.  You fix one thing and then something else acts up. You lose faith because no matter what you try, eventually, your marriage isn't working.   You ask your pastor, your friends to counsel and pray.  You read books.  You watch videos.  But soon you realize that the fixes are only temporary.  You believe that you need to dump this marriage and get a new one.  That's not always the answer.  Usually, it is not the answer.

There is a well known minister and evangelist, David Wilkerson, whose daily blog discussed marriage today.  Although he is now deceased, his words continue to instruct.  He says:

Adam and Eve brought deceit into their marriage and then compounded their
rebellion by hiding from God’s presence. God never hides—only man does. God
was vitally involved with that first marriage between the first man and woman
and He is just as concerned about every Christian marriage today.

Few marriages can make it if both partners are hiding out from God. Show me a
marriage without one partner that is close to Jesus, and I’ll show you a
marriage with little chance of survival. At least one of the partners must be
in daily consultation with the Lord. It is best when both husband and wife are
talking to Him, but if one partner is running from God, it is all the more
important that the other be able to run to a secret closet of prayer for help
and direction. A praying wife can often save her marriage, as can a praying
husband.

Love alone is not enough to keep a marriage strong—only God’s power can do
that. That power is at work right now, healing and keeping marriages. Where
Jesus rules, the marriage can make it.....


Sometimes our marriages are broken because we have ignored God's teaching and focused on ourselves instead of our spouse.  
Whatever the reason for the breakdown...

ONLY THE MANUFACTURER of MARRIAGE CAN GIVE YOU A NEW ONE WHERE THE OLD AND BROKEN ONE USED TO BE.  God created your marriage.  Your marriage matters to Him.

Ask Him to put a new marriage where the broken one exists.
AND THEN BELIEVE HE WANTS TO DO IT MORE THAN YOU WANT HIM TO DO IT.
He has the authority and the POWER to answer your request.

I love you,
Mrs. Older
 

No comments:

Post a Comment