Sunday, November 9, 2014

A VICTIM OF IDENTITY THEFT

When I was a little girl, about 400 years ago, we didn't hear anything about someone stealing someone's identity.  We didn't worry about our credit report.  We weren't looking over our shoulders wondering if someone was stealing our pin numbers.  We just took cash to the store, bought what we needed, and came home.

But now we live in a world where we have to prove who we are to everyone we interact with.  We have to show photo ID.. and we have to show it all the time.  Brand new billion dollar industries now exist to help us prevent identity theft.  Losing your identity is a main concern. Every other day you hear about another store whose customers identity has been compromised.

All of this chaos is a result of society's belief that if we can do something FASTER today than we did it yesterday we have achieved something. 

But doing something faster is not the same thing as doing something well.  Maybe we're not as smart as we think we are?


Our need for speed is the reason we are losing our identities.
Especially the reason we are losing our spiritual identity. 

God doesn't use the Internet.  He doesn't have to. 
Having a relationship with God requires waiting on Him.
Waiting for Him.
Time alone with Him.

I know, through trial and error, that when I am confused, overwhelmed, discouraged, fearful, angry, weak and without faith... it is because I have not taken the time to let God remind me that I am HIS DELIGHT. 

I'm going too fast. 
 
When I let other people and THEIR opinion of me discourage me.. it's because I have not been in God's Word, in God's presence so that He can cut through all the NOISE of this CRAZY FAST world.. and remind me that  I am a JOINT-HEIR with Jesus of all that Jesus has.
But when I stop long enough to let His Spirit comfort me... I am reminded that eye has not seen, ear has not heard, neither has it entered in to the hearts of men what God has prepared for those who love Him...


I hear from so many of you who tell me that you don't really know if God loves you, you don't really know how to hear Him, you don't really think you can understand His will or His ways, you don't know how to pray, your marriage is dry and lifeless... and...

You doubt that you really are HIS CHILD.

The cure for spiritual identity theft is in your hands.. sweet wife. 
I'm sorry to say that in spite of all the Christian books, videos, tv shows, seminars, woman's conferences and events.. and in spite of well meaning Mrs. Olders who write blogs.. 
The ONE and ONLY WAY
to be strong and confident and unmoved by what the world tells you you should be...
is to be in God's presence.

God is not in a rush to give you answers....  YOU are in a rush to hear them.
God sees tomorrow. You don't.
God sees your whole life from beginning to end. You don't.

Wait. Stop. Pray. Listen. Open your Bible. 
Your pastor, your small group leader, your husband, the woman writer who writes books, blogs and Bible studies... cannot change you from the inside out.
Only God can.
Take the time to let The One Who Created You remind you of how much He delights in you.

Sometimes change is good.
But not when it comes to Jesus - who is the SAME yesterday, today and forever.

Too many of us simply don't want to pray.
And that's sad and tragic.. because prayer is the only way to connect with the Only One who has the answers to the question you seek.

Mrs. Older

No comments:

Post a Comment