Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"DADDY IS SUCH A KLUTZ"

The six year old was watching his dad play football with a bunch of neighborhood families.  It was no big deal to anyone except this six year old.  He was engrossed in watching his father play.  At one point, his dad dropped the ball... and his mother said, "Your daddy is such a klutz".  I KNOW she was joking, and so did everyone else.. everyone laughed and everyone forgot about it.  Everyone... but the six year old boy.  I happened to be sitting next to him a little while later. He and his dad were chomping down hot dogs and root beer and and I overheard him as he looked up to his father and said, "Dad, are you really a klutz?" His dad said, "What?" The kid said, "Mom told everyone you were a klutz.  What is that? Is it good?  I don't want you to be a klutz if it isn't cool.  I want you to be cool."

Honestly?  This wife loves her husband and her husband loves her.  The last thing she actually believes is that her husband is a klutz.. or a nerd.. or whatever.  She admires him.  But does her six year old?  Admire his dad?

Dear Wife,
Take the time to say words of admiration about your husband in front of your children. Say good words.  Say words of admiration.. Say them OUT LOUD.
If you don't have something good to say.........say something good anyway.  If your husband isn't worthy of words of admiration.. then at the very least don't say negative words.
Take some time to listen to what you say about your children's daddy. 
You are the ONE who is forming their heart's attitude toward their Daddy. 

I welcome your comments.  Leave it below.. (you can leave an anonymous comment) or...Send me an email at:awordtothewives@gmail.com

Love you,
Mrs. Older

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I do this an awful lot....Spoke to me BIG TIME!!!! Apologized to my husband and I am on the road to "recovery".

    ReplyDelete