Sunday, July 24, 2022

July Issue - Mature Living Magazine- Anonymous Testimony


 

 

 

          

         I don’t like to take credit when it isn’t due me so I won’t. This story I am about to tell you still has me baffled on one hand. Just a little.  On the other hand, I will tell you this story that has God’s love and faithfulness written all over it.  All over it.

            It began a few years ago.  I woke up one morning and I just wasn’t feeling well.  I went to a local doctor and he assumed it was stomach problems.  I believed him.  I started to take the stomach medicine he prescribed for me.  After a day or two of no relief, I went to another doctor who prescribed some additional meds.   I took then.   No relief.   Just a very heavy feeling inside.  I took all the meds but they were not working.  Finally, after about five or six days of this, I decided to seek additional care and went to the emergency room.  The nurses were continuing to look for stomach conditions.  As they looked, a nurse named Amy happened to be passing by. She looked at my charts and told them to call in the doctors.  I suddenly became a priority because it wasn’t my stomach that was causing the problems, it was my heart.

            Long story short, my heart has a massive hole in it. If the hole had blown in the opposite direction it would have been instant death. As it turns out, it had blown in and the other organs surrounding it had kept me alive.  I was rushed to the hospital.  For five days, they kept me there because the hole had caused massive damage.  The world class surgeon who was there had worked on these type of heart attacks before, but mine had been six or seven days. He was interested in getting my heart strong enough to even respond to surgery. I was tethered and kept alive. My wife and children were there. 

            Finally, it came time for the surgery.  They had to fix the hole, repair the damage to the heart, and do a triple by-pass surgery.  Any one of these procedures could be fatal.  After a few hours, they came to my wife and informed her that if I survived the surgery (which they couldn’t guarantee) there would be at least a two-week recovery in the hospital and an unknown period in the rehab hospital.  And that’s when God mercy to me became revealed.

        I was released from the hospital in four days and never went to rehab.  My recovery went faster than they had ever seen. Within a month I was back at work, and it’s been that way for years. I don’t know why God chose to do this, but He did.  I don’t know why He had mercy on me, but He did.

            Oh, and a few weeks after, I went to the emergency center to thank that nurse, Amy, for being so quick witted and seeing my charts accurately.  After all, she had not been on my care team.  She was just walked through at the precise moment and happened to notice.  I asked about her by name. They looked for her but couldn’t find her.  They looked back a few weeks. There wasn’t a nurse Amy who worked there.  Not ever.  How could that be?  She had saved my life.  They looked and looked again.  There was no Amy there.  I guess she was an angel.

            I guess I can say that God still had things for me to accomplish, and by His hand I am accomplishing them. If you are alive, he has things for you to accomplish also.  Remember thatas you contemplate your future.   Don’t forget that no one days are ever over until God says they are over. Amen.

“My eyes look to you, Lord, my Lord. I seek refuge in you; do not let me die.’

 

Psalm 141:8


No comments:

Post a Comment