Sunday, December 3, 2017

UPDATE

LET ME SAY... THAT...Mrs. Older apologizes for my lack of blogging to all my sweet Mrs. Youngers.  I am sure you have survived and thrived without me.... but every now and then one of you checks in on me.  

In the years since I started this blog, much has happened in Mrs. Older's life and much has changed.  I am, as you know, a professional writer.  I continue to write articles for Christian magazines plus two monthly columns - also in Christian magazines.  A few years ago,the Lord reminded me that I, as an older Christian woman, have a responsibility to mentor the younger women in church.  And so I started this blog. 

In addition, I decided to write a book about the lessons I learned from my wonderful and godly mother because I came to see that so many women did not have that blessing.   I self-published the book.  At the start of 2015, my parents needed our full time care. My husband and I were honored to do so.  My mom had read most of the book along with me as I wrote it.  A month before it came out, my mom passed away and a month later, so did my father. A month after that a Christian movie came out that my mom had been involved with as a prayer warrior. Her friendship with the producers had them film an interview with her, and they included a few minutes of that interview on each DVD of the movie sold.  As of this date, over two million have been sold.  As a result, people looking for my mom found me and I have been going all over the place speaking at various women's events across the nation.  About her. Her life. Her example.

Just when I thought things would settle down, an acquisitions editor at one of the top publishers in the world, was given a copy of my self-published book about my mom, loved it, bought the rights to it and is getting ready to re-release the book under a new title in the Spring of 2018.  This is a big time, big deal publishing miracle.  I cannot take any credit for it. God has opened every door. 

As a result, I expect to be traveling more... and maybe actually meeting some of you face-to-face... though you might not realize you are meeting Mrs. Older.  You will be able to buy the book in stores everywhere.. and online everywhere. 

When God wants something to happen, it happens.

I am home now for a while, and will be sending some blogs your way in the coming days.

I love all of you and if you want any additional information email me at:

awordtothewives@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment