Thursday, July 18, 2013

LEARNING LOVE - PART THREE - COMPASSION

Last blog... I said to seek God's love.. because it is ENOUGH.
THIS BLOG.. I'm telling you something more.
GOD'S LOVE.
MEANS "COMPASSION"
And so.. I want to comfort you with the fact that God sees you... and doesn't just sit up there looking down at you saying, "Well.......honey......if you would have spent time with me... seeking to know me and my love... instead of going bowling with the kids..or spending a fun week at Disneyworld.... you wouldn't be feeling so afraid and lonely right now. Tough break, honey."

NO.  NO... NO..   He REACHES down when we are too weak to REACH UP.
HE is touched by every thing that touches you.
He cares about you, your husband, your marriage, you life, your heart.
He sent His Son to "Heal the brokenhearted".

His love keeps no score. 
So.........relax a little.  He's got you in the center of His sight every second of every day.

HIS WORD speaks it better than I can...

  • "As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;" Psalm 103:13

  • "Then I called on the name of the Lord; “Lord, save me! The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me." Psalm 114:4-6

  • "The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made." Psalm 145:9

  • “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!" Isaiah 49:15

  • "Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love." Lamentations 3:32

  • "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."  2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Be encouraged.  Be not afraid.
He loves you... even if you don't quite grasp it.
And I am almost positive He wants you to sign up to receive this by email. Upper right.
Well.. I am just kidding about Him and the email thing.
But you knew that already.
XO,
Mrs. Older

No comments:

Post a Comment