Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"MOMMY, WILL YOU SAY 'NO' FOR ME?"

 (I asked this reader if I could share her email with you and she said, "SURE". As a writer, my world consists of sitting at my laptop and emailing stuff to my editors.  I "see" the readers in my heart but I don't see them for real.  So when I get an email like this... it makes my writer's heart keep writing.  Thank you to "NICKY")  Here's her email:

Dear Mrs. Older,
I want to share with you...:)

I read your "Love is a two letter word blog."  I loved it by the way (as with all of them).  We were on our way to a camping trip this weekend and a conversation with my mother-in-law, Connie, my husband Joe and my son(Isaiah age 12) started along the lines of dating, marriage, etc.  My 9 yr old daughter (Grace) was in the car but wasn't really part of the conversation.

So anyway... I shared the story from your blog that day and we discussed it.  We then moved on to another conversation.  That was Friday.  After camping all weekend, my daughter was riding around to see clients with me on Monday.  We were talking while in the car and she said, "Mommy, you know there was once this girl.  She was eating lunch in the cafeteria and a cute Army guy came in and asked her out on a date. She was excited but her Mom wouldn't let her go to a .... (well, it's your story and I guess I don't have to re-tell it to you).  
So she told me the story again like it was the first time I had ever heard it and then she said, "Mommy, will you please say no for me?  Will you watch out for me?" (As tears come down my face as I type now) I told her that God has already made a man for her and that I had been praying for him for years and YES I would say no for her.  It was a precious moment, one that I could almost reach out and touch the Holy Spirit.  

I realized that she had replayed that story in her mind a few times to tell it to me like I had never heard it before.  What an impact! God is amazing and thank you for helping me to keep it real with God. 

Lots of love to Ya'll !!!

Nicky Frederick

THANK YOU Nicky for encouraging me... and thanks for letting  ALL THE MANY NEW READERS read your story.

I am loving all of the Mrs. Younger's out there. Thanks for reading this blog.  I am amazed to see all the NEW email sign ups each day.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE,
Mrs. Older

No comments:

Post a Comment